Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bike Thefts on Google Maps

Oak Park and River Forest Bike Theft Map

I cycle almost daily. My experience is that I have a bike stolen on average every other year. So over the years I've worked out that in the long run it is probably best to buy only the cheapest bikes in London.

I couldn't agree more then with the The Wednesday Journal of Oak Park and River Forest when they say that the "best way to avoid thefts is to be smart and informed". To help residents in this suburb of Chicago keep informed The Wednesday Journal are creating a Google Map each week to show the locations of bikes stolen

The map shows whether bikes were secured or unsecured when stolen and also shows arrests made related to the theft of a bike. Looking at the map there seems to be a cluster of thefts around South Boulevard. My guess is these are bikes mainly left at subway stations on the Green Line.

_____________

No comments: